I have found this article below interesting:
DID you know:
- that only 6 minutes of reading reduces stress by 68%? (well, I am sure that depends on the type of literature too)
- that individuals who read have 2.5 times less likelihood of developing Alzheimer’s Disease?
- that readers of e-books comprehend and remember significantly less of the content than people who read paper-books?
- that the reader’s sensory experience is reduced when reading a Kindle or similar, not offering the same visual / kinaesthetic experience
- that screen readers tend to read in an “F” pattern, reading the entire top line but then only scanning through the text along the left side of the page. This sort of nonlinear reading reduces comprehension and actually makes it more difficult to focus the next time you sit down with a longer piece of text.
- that ‘slow reading’ is highly recommended to help people to improve their memories, reduce stress, improve sleep and empathy
- and for more, read the entire article: